LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES

Connecting and Connections Week

Connecting and Connections Week

by Marva Daniel -
Number of replies: 0

Greetings Cardinals (parents, students, teachers)

We have started our new term with a buzz of excitement.  Thank you parents and students for keeping on the CCSS train of success.

We kicked off the new term with heightened focus and energetic determination to execute an exceptional musical - Banjo Man.   Congratulations to teachers, students and all who made our last weekend's production a huge success. Students, you certainly worked hard and had loads of fun.  I hope that we can repeat this performance quite soon.

This second week is short and filled with more engagements than ever before - our Visual Arts CXC exam has started and this week is the first ever 'A day at school with my child' initiative.  WE have also launched Reading Month - please check your inboxes and noticeboards for the exciting activities organised for REading Month at CCSS!

On Thursday and Friday, parents/guardians of Forms 3 and 4 will meet with subject teachers and experience what a day at school is like for their child - let's pray for a success of this activity.

Next week Monday and Tuesday will be the turn of our Form 1 and Form 2 students.

On Wednesday 11th May, 2022 we celebrate with the Form 5 students - their Final Assembly.  Bravo Form 5s for planning such an event.  We are looking forward to the 'prize giving' ceremony.

Thursday 12th May and Friday 13th May are NO SCHOOL DAYS for CCSS students.  The CXC CPEA will be administered for Grade 6ers and we pray for a seamless execution or administration of this activity. Best of luck to all those engaged in this important activity.

Attached to this message is the letter to Form 1 and Form 2 parents - see below.

Please ensure that Form 1 and Form 2 parents are aware of key pieces of information:
1.  You are online on Thursday and Friday
2.  You have parents 'My Day with my child' activity on Monday and Tuesday of next week
3.  The letter states on which days next week you remain online and not on site.
4.  All students whose parents/guardians are unable to attend any of the activities on days assigned for specific forms, are to call to book an appointment to see the teachers.  Parents are not to show up on other days unannounced.

5.  Students whose parents/guardians are not able to attend MUST report for school on all given days.

Parents, PLEASE NOTE that there is no onsite instruction for Forms 2 and 4 students on Monday 9th May
Please note that Forms 1 and 3 students continue online instruction on Tuesday 10th May, 2022.
Please note that there is NO SCHOOL for all students on Thursday and Friday of next week (12th and 13th respectively).
Reminder to KEEP STUDENTS at home when they are unwell.

Keep focused

keep on target

Keep on rail 

The term is moving fast and you should tooooooooo