LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES

Plans for last week of school for Term 3

Plans for last week of school for Term 3

by Marva Daniel -
Number of replies: 0

Greetings parents/guardians for students of CCSS

I trust that the weekend has been exceptionally good for you and your family.  I also hope that you have been able to manage all of your activities.

Firstly, I apologise for the late dispatch of this missive.  It was a very sad and really difficult day on Friday when we arrived at work to discover that our offices were burgled and as a result, all activities at the school had to be suspended.  Students were informed that all those whose last exam was on Friday, that they would have to report back to school on Monday for all exams scheduled for Friday 30th June, 2023. Those students who have exams scheduled for Monday and Tuesday of this week, will write their Friday's exams on Wednesday, 5th July, 2023.

As we start the final week of instruction/assessments, kindly note that the schedule continues as planned EXCEPT that those whose last exam was on Friday, will write their exams on Monday morning.  Students were informed that they MUST report to the TCF lab but they need to report to the Auditorium as TCF lab will be set up for Photo Day.

Some homerooms have field trips and other class activities this week.  However, ALL exams end on Wednesday and All students return to school on Thursday for the last day of school.  Our school's graduation is on Friday 7th July, 2023 at the school's auditorium, hence no students should be at the school unless they are graduating or participating as an usher for graduation day.

Finally, on Thursday, all students will receive end of term letters which will indicate 
a) report/progress report day
b) registration of returning students
c) reopening of school activities
d) information about school resources for next year and additional payment of school supplies that parents need to pay at the bank.  All 'facilities fees' are paid for by the government of St. Lucia.

All that parents contribute towards are the School Insurance ($1.25); Sports Fee ($40), 

Forms 3-5 MUST also contribute to The SBA and Lab projects contribution ($30) which sometimes include supplies that MUST be purchased for students  ($20.00); IBE book for ONLY form 2's - $30.00 to be purchased at the school; Career and subject selection package ($10) for Form 2's ONLY; 

So, basically, 
Supplies and Services for new Form 2 students - $81.00
Supplies and Services for new Forms 3-5 students - $71.25

All of this will be presented in the end of term correspondence which will be given to students at form levels.

I thank you tremendously, parents/guardians, for your support and understanding.

I pray and hope that those who live to create distress and destruction, will be dealt with accordingly.

I know that together, we will persevere and succeed in all of our endeavours to make this place the best space for our children.

Best regards and hope to see all students reporting in full school uniform for this week's activities.

Best regards
Ms M Daniel
Principal